国际化软件技术分类解析

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2007-11-16 14:40:06 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
国际化软件开发需要正确处理字符、多语言支持、区域、正则表达式、数据输入和输出、用户界面,以下是需要正确处理的技术。
  • Character Manipulation

• Character classification tests, such as isalpha use the I18N library’s API.
    • Character transliteration requests, such as toupper use the I18N library’s API.
    • Characters used in code and templates are based on locale character code points, and not on hard-coded numeric values.
    • Word wrapping in scripts does not split multibyte characters (i.e. generating column lists in scripts.)
      Word wrapping in controls does not split multibyte characters.
    • Cursor must always fall on character boundaries and not byte boundaries.
    • Characters are selected and highlighted at the character boundaries and not the byte boundaries.
    • Character pointers are not moved using the ++, -- or arithmetic calculation.
    • String operations use the I18N library string functions.
    • Storage allocation requests account for MBCS characters.

• Language enabling

• Prompt strings are clearly identified (as per the I18N specifications addendum.)
    • List of files containing prompts to enable has been provided to your Globalization representative.
    • Documentation on how to generate language specific prompts and environment information have been provided to your Globalization representative.
    • Source control system is ready to handle various language versions of resource/message files.
  • Locale

• Locale precedence is handled as described in the I18n specifications
    • Date, time, numbers, currency, paper sizes, etc. are formatted according to the active locale.  
    • Sort order is consistent with the active locale.
    • Fractions can be displayed in decimal or as a fraction.
    • Rounding and math functions can be changed by locale.  
    • Dates can be displayed as DMY, MDY, and YMD or as any other locale specific format.  
    • Locale-dependent capitalization can be allowed on day or month names.  
    • Day, month abbreviation length is not constrained.  
    • Multiple calendars are supported as some countries restart the year on events like a new emperor taking the crown.  
    • Computations are locale independent.  
  • Regular Expressions
    • Regular expression expansion uses the I18N library’s regular expression support.  
  • Source Code

• Source code supports all character lengths (7-bit, 8-bit, MBCS).
    • Source code has been written such that recompiling for different target languages is not required.  
    • Source code does not use a single string or resource in different contexts.  
    • Strings, character or numeric constants, screen positions, order of parameters in a string, accelerator key values, filenames, or pathnames are not hardcoded.  
    • Lead-byte ranges for Far East codepages are not hardcoded.  
    • Buffer sizes have been expanded (~40%) to allow for text growth.  
    • No string is concatenated to form a sentence.
    • Plural of strings is not created by adding an "s".
    • In general, source code should support the IME (Input Method Editor) output. In Windows fields (dialog box areas) that don’t support double-byte data, the IME should be disabled.  
    • When applicable, encryption key length doesn’t violate export laws (in general, more than 40-bit encryption keys are not exportable.)
    • Third-party code complies with BMC I18N specifications.
  • Stream and Formatted I/O

• File I/O containing I18N data uses the I18N library’s stream and I/O formatting functions.
    • No loss of information due to codeset differences exists when data is exchanged between applications, operating systems, and platforms.
    • Information is displayed in the target (end user) codeset regardless of its source codeset.
  • User Interface

• Localizable strings are moved to resource/message files independent of the source code.  
    • Ambiguous localizable strings have comments to identify their usage.  
    • Strings or other constants that should remain in English are separated from the localizable elements in another file.
    • Text can be displayed and printed using the appropriate fonts for the target environment.  
    • Hyphenations and word/sentence breaks follow the grammar rules of user's locale in dialog boxes.
    • Sufficient white space has been added to allow for translated text growth at all supported screen resolutions.
    • Dynamically populated menu categories obtain strings from resource/message files, and not from INI files.
    • Menu and dialog box accelerators are unique.
    • Default accelerator keys are accessible from all international keyboards.  
    • Bitmaps/icons are free of any text, color, acronym, symbol that requires localization
    • Common icons use BMC GUI standard icons.
    • Sounds are acceptable to all locales.
    • Toolbar images are acceptable to any locale.
    • Slang or idioms are not used in user interface.
    • Common toolbar items use commonly known images.  
    • Tool Tips strings are kept in resource files.  
    • Statusbar text is kept in resource files.
    • Progress bar format is localizable.
    • Logged, validation errors and status messages are kept in resource/message files.  
    • Dialog management messages originate from string tables in resource files.  
    • Consistency among application terminology and target environment(s) is ensured.
    • Consistency among common messages across DBMSs is ensured.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏
回复

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|51Testing软件测试网 ( 沪ICP备05003035号 关于我们

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 07:03 , Processed in 0.066693 second(s), 27 queries .