英文
点滴积累A pay phone 付费电话(投币公用电话)
A local call 地区电话
An international call 国际长途电话
Emergency call 紧急电话
IDD=international direct dialing 国际长途直拨电话
He’s on another phone. 他在接另一个电话
I’m afraid you’ve dialed the wrong number. 恐怕你打错了
A long-distance call for you,Tom. 汤姆,你有个长途电话
Don’t hang up,please. 请不要挂断
短语:
It feels good to… 指(做某件事)的感觉真好.
A: I heard you’re volunteering at a local retirement home.
听说你在一所地方养老院当志愿者.
B: Yeah, I just started last weekend. It really feels good to be doing something positive for the community.
是的,上个星期开始的.为社会做点有益的事,感觉真的很棒.
More importantly: 更重要的是…
“more importantly” 表递进关系,意思是”更重要的是…”.
A: how do you like your new bartending job?
你觉得你在吧台当侍者的新工作怎么样?
B: Man, it’s awesome. The pay is better than I expected. And, more importantly, I can meet plenty of attractive ladies without any serious effort on my part.
老兄,简直妙极了.薪水比我预期的还要高.而且更重要的是,我可以不费吹灰之力就遇到迷人的美女.
To cross that bridge when you come to it 船到桥头自然直
如果有人对你说 “cross that bridge when you come to it”, 他的意思就是叫你不要担心,等出了问题再说.
A: what will you do if you don’t get into medical school?
如果你没有考上医校怎么办?
B: I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.
船到桥头自然直. 点滴积累:
乘飞机 Taking Airplane
预订机票 Making Airline Reservation
办理登机手续 Checking In
在飞机上 On Plane
行李提取 Picking up Luggage
入境检查 Having Border Entry Inspection
实用句型:
Now that's romantic. 这才叫浪漫
Now that's...这样的句型所表达的意思,类似中文里头“这才像话”或是“这倒也说得过去”的语气。
A: I'm late to work because I had to take my child to school.
我是因为送小孩子上学才会上班迟到。
B: Now that's not a bad excuse. But I don't want to see you late again!这个借口倒还不坏。但我不想再看到你迟到了!
You guessed it.你猜对了
当别人在你的话中得到足够的线索,接着说出你想说的话,你可以说You got it.(你说对了)假如你讲得很含糊,对方还是猜出你的意思,你应该说You guessed it.
A: Don't tell me she's been listening to the fortune-teller again.
别跟我说她又听算命的话了。
B: You guessed it. She says we have to get married on January 2nd, or we'll have bad luck.
你猜对了。她说我们得在一月二号结婚,否则就会倒霉。
give it a try 让……试试看,放手一搏
give it a try就是放手去试试看的意思,同样的意思你也可以说成Let's give it a shot.或是Let's give it a go.
A: Do you think we can finish this project today?
你觉得我们今天能把计划完成吗?
B: I don't know, but let's give it a try.
我不知道,不过我们试试看。
对话:
Don: Hey, Herb! What's up? 唐: 嗨!赫伯特,最近如何?
Herbert: I've been busy lately. 赫伯特: 我最近有点忙。
Don: Doing what? 唐: 忙什么?
Herbert: I've been spending a lot of time on-line. 赫伯特: 我花很多时间在网络上。
Don: On-line? 唐: 网络上?
Herbert: On the Internet, talking to people in chat rooms. 赫伯特: 就是网络上,我在网络聊天室里跟人交谈。
Don: Is that helping you with your shyness? 唐: 这样你就不会害羞了吗?
Herbert: Yeah! It's easier than talking face-to-face. 赫伯特: 是啊!这比面对面说话容易多了。 这也要买? 这个有点……呵呵 建议还是无私奉献比较好~~ 不看。。。:L 不看 就这还卖钱啊。。。 还要买呢啊。。。:L:L:L 不错 悲剧的娃 {:4_91:}
页:
[1]