该掌握哪些知识?
该如何找到QA/测试的工作?
该懂什么测试工具?
该如何面对工作中的困境?
该如何在工作中学习取得进步?
发展的方向是什么;?
前景是否广阔?
    一堆问题,缠绕着新人.那么,新人该如何找到这些答案呢?下面是我在qaforums上看到的一篇文章,做个翻译,供刚入行的朋友共勉,希望能有所帮助:

下面是一个建议清单(重要性不分先后),在QA和测试方向上对新入行的人向着职业目标更好的开始工作可能有点帮助。这些建议适用于手工测试以及自动化工具测试。需要留意的是,有一条主线贯穿这个清单,就是重复地:提问题。
1,学习你测试的系统里面使用到的编程语言。这个将不单提高你的技术,而且提高了你跟开发人员的沟通能力。
2,永远记住,一些最好的老师是与你合作的同事
3,关注项目中新的进展变化。理解需求并理解用户的期望
4,跟你的开发人员建立合作关系,不妨坐下来讨论彼此的期望和想法
5,多提问题
6,要有耐心
7,做到精确。不管是提交缺陷还是过程改进需求,如果没有精确地描述问题和影响,你将不能在这个行业里面走的很远。
8,不要争论。因为你不可能一下子改变每件事情。如果你想建立或者改善你的测试流程或者开发流程,你可以对你所处的位置和如何改善做一个全面的评估,然后对本清单做个优先排序。
9,摘一些“挂的低的水果”(先做一些容易做的事情):文档,工具,评估---
 希望像开始看到收获的那些人一样,你也能得到更多的转变。所以你的下一个改进的尝试将进行的更加顺畅
10,读一些被推荐的书
11,保证你做的每一件事情都被至少一位有经验的人检查过(无论我在这一行多久,我都坚持这个原则)
12,别害怕提问题!!!在我的第一家公司里我从开发人员身上学到了难以置信的多的东西。
13,保持关注新技术,即使你目前没有在使用,但你可能某一天会用上,所以抽出时间来至少读上些基本的内容!
14,加入一个你所在领域方面的用户群或者QA群,如果有这样的群的话。网络,通风和沟通是无价的
15,想想你想的哪些东西是需要check的
16,多提问题,并且要充满好奇心
17,不因为缺陷批评开发人员
18,找一个指导你的人
19,别害怕提问和请求帮助,找一个指导你的人。

希望这些对测试同行都有所帮助 (翻译原文来自qaforums)
原文是
Below is a list of suggestions (in no particular order) from people now in the field of QA that might help the new comers to this field get started working towards their career goals of Quality Assurance and testing. These can apply regardless of whether you use manual or automated tools. Please note that throughout the list a common thread is repeated: ASK QUESTIONS.
Welcome to QA - It's gonna be fun!
And thank you to all who contributed.
1. Things I have learned - Take a class in the programming language that you are testing. This will improve not only your skills, but your ability to communicate with the developers.

2. Always keep in mind that some of your best teachers are also your co-workers.

3. Keep your ears open about projects both new and in progress. Get to know the requirements of the project and what the expectations of the users are.

4. Establish a partnership relationship with your developers. Sit down and discuss mutual expectations.

5. Ask questions.

6. Be persistent.

7. Be precise. Whether you are reporting a defect or reporting a process improvement need, if you cannot precisely describe the problem and the impact, you won't get far.

8. Pick your battles. You cannot change everything at once. If you are trying to establish or improve your testing process or development process, do a thorough assessment of where you are and how you need to improve, and prioritize this list.

9. Pick some "low hanging fruit", document, implement, assess --- and hopefully as people begin to SEE the benefits, you'll win more converts. So your next process improvement attempt will go more smoothly.

10. Read recommended literature

11. Make sure everything you do gets reviewed by at least one experienced person (No matter how long I have been in this industry, I still follow this principle)
12. Don't be afraid to ask questions!!! I learned so much from the developers at my first company, it was unbelievable! And at a subsequent company, I got a developer to give QA a bit of a session on EJBs when they were still bleeding edge technology we were working with. If you ask, they will generally help - because it shows that you don't profess to know everything better than they do, which can be a misconception!

13. Keep up on new technology. Even if you're not using it now, you might be someday, so take the time to at least read up on the basics!

14. Look at joining a User's Group or QA group in your area, if one exists. The networking, venting, and communication are priceless!

15. Think about what you think might need to be checked.

16. Ask questions and be curious.

17. NEVER criticize the developers for defects.

18. Get a mentor. We all know how demanding QA and Test can be and having someone to bounce ideas and thoughts off is extremely useful. My own mentor was a very experienced QA/Test Manager who was extremely good and helped me enormously

19. Don't be afraid to ask for help and questions, find a mentor. We like to share our thoughts and knowledge. I worked for a larger company that had many different testing departments. One of the things we did was form a 'corporate' qa steering committee. This was a way to share ideas, network with others, and do some streamlining.......

=============================================

And here is a little history on how some of us got into QA/Testing.

1. My degree is in math, and my first job was as a data analyst for research satellites. But that was rotating shift work, which got old fast. So I applied to the IV&V group on the same contract. So basically I went the user to tester path. When I joined that group, our company was going for CMM level 3 certification, ISO certification, and TQM (yes, all at once). So I was immediately sent off to training for all that. (Your government dollars at work ). All of my initial testing training was "on the job" with a large group of testers (30-40 testers in that group). Since then I have done testing and/or quality assurance work in aerospace, computer gaming, brokerage, and now retail/ecommerce. That's one aspect of my job that I like --- learning a new industry. (BTW --- I like retail best so far.)

2. I was working as a Project Manager for a large Telecommunications company that was rolling out TQM. I got friendly with the TQM manager for our division and he got me interested. I applied for, and got, a QA Manager job with a software house where QA was just being started up, for "QA", read "Test" (they wanted a Project Manager, rather than a QA Manager, as they wanted someone who would be pragmatic - which shows their level of maturity) so I had to learn quickly, found it fascinating, stayed for 6 years and implemented a lot of real QA as well as improving testing.

3. I was working tech support for a free web-based email provider, and got SO sick of the way our software went out that I was first in line to apply for a testing position when they finally brought in a QA Manager!

4. I started out doing user testing. One of the first places I worked at didn't have people to do client server testing. So I would do the testing in between my customer service job. I found a mentor in the QA department, expressed my interest in learning more about testing and when a position opened up in the department I applied for it and got it.

5. How I started - I worked second level support on multiple systems within my former company. When the company needed someone with unix experience to test a new system they offered me the job. I have been doing it ever since.

6. I was a software trainer who kept getting sent out with buggy software to train on. I told my company that I wanted to have a day or so before I took it out, just to bang on it myself before I tried to train so I'd know to avoid pitfalls. All testing became my responsibility from then on. (That was in the early '80's so it probably wouldn't happen that way now.)

[ 本帖最后由 superhenry 于 2006-6-21 12:13 编辑 ]

skinapi 发表于 2006-4-14 22:24:00

不错的翻译,加分鼓励了!!!

983221wy 发表于 2006-4-16 12:58:50

谢谢老大!!!

mtzvs 发表于 2006-4-23 20:19:27

似乎后面一半没翻完呢

zhanglishiyan 发表于 2006-5-15 17:07:03

谢谢帮助!顶

donghuanzi 发表于 2006-5-18 16:21:51

非常有益

谢谢